Duncan Mckean on building CCgroup's creative culture
Ther leader of CCgroup's deep tech team Duncan McKean is on a mission to make tech and B2B PR more creative.
- You need to help clients get past the inherent conservatism in B2B that may be stopping ideas.
- Giving your team permission and opportunity to try things is one of the most important ways to boost your creativity.
- Agencies should bring clients into the creative journey early and be collaborate with them.
- Creativity needs to be linked to objectives which help the client.
- You should be focusing on hard numbers, not just generating buzz or opportunities to see. It's your job to help them build both fame and fortune
- How writing is the start of making your agency more creative.
- Storytelling is a fundamentally creative act that you need to use well when you're dealing with particularly techy or businessy subjects.
- Research is an essential part of being creative and doesn't have to be expensive.
- To get your client to commit to creative ideas, you may need to involve people other than your regular contact.